Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blind,Deaf and Dumb


Hey Jude~

This has been on my mind for quite some time....

"Irish" & I have been "involved" for about 3 months, and I sometimes think things are moving along at a nice slow pace, then Ka-Boom....he "poofs"! It may be a day or 2, but regardless...I just don't get it. I feel like I may be deaf to what he's telling me.

I have hemmed and hawed on how to ask him if we are exclusive...I don't mind if he dates other woman, I just need to know that he's poking, me, and ONLY me.

Within the last month he has moved, traveled, opened a new clinic, and traveled again. His last excursion brought him to Florida...and he received some news that now leaves him to deal with feeling and emotions he has buried for many many years. He confided in me that he's horrible with expressing his emotions. How he believes he has made great strides with his current relationships, knowing that this is a negative attribute. I'm not too sure that I responded well to him. For many years, I was with a "locked box"...I adjusted to it and became numb to any emotion shared with me...I feel terrible and I don't know if the "Irish" will trust me and let me back in.

What to do? Is this how normal relationships start? Or am I just blind, deaf & dumb to it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment